neb2
(@neb2)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

In the lecture Dr. Simon explained that there are three basic principles:
- System Approach to Management
- Process Approach
- Factual Approach
He also explained that when you have a quality management system that is working, all three approaches are being used simultaneously. How each of these approaches are combined to be used simultaneously? How different they are?

Posted : 09/04/2017 3:33 pm
 gh56
(@gh56)
Trusted Member

hi neb2 very good question i was thinking about this when i was looking at Dr. Simon lecture, what i believe is that a process approach is a management strategy, where a managers is able to control and manage the process that makes up their organization, when process approach is applied to quality system, it means that they manage processes and process interaction is a coherent process-based quality management system. System approach to management is known as identifying and managing interrelated process as a system contributes to the organizations effectiveness and efficacy in achieving it objectives. Factual approach to decision making is known as effective decisions are based on the analysis of data and information. Key benefits for factual approach are informed decisions, making sure the data and informed are sufficiently accurate and reliable and making data accessible to those who need it. The key benefits for system approach to management are ability to focus effort on the keep process, understanding organization capabilities and establishing resource constraints prior to action. The key benefit for process approach are lower costs and shorter cycle times through effective use of resources, improved, consistent predictable results and focused and prioritized improvement opportunities. that is why i believe all the quality management principle can be used in combination as they are used for the sustained success of an organization. Each principle system has lay out the benefits to have a successful/improved organization.

Posted : 09/04/2017 3:55 pm
(@merzkrashed)
Estimable Member

Adding to the discussion, systems approach to project management enables the project manager to constantly evaluate the needs of the customer and the end results that are needed to be achieved in terms of resources, budget and time. A successful approach to project evaluation must consider all elements of the system. The evaluation needs to be done prior to the beginning of the project, at regular intervals during its execution, and after its closing phase.

Posted : 13/04/2018 12:01 pm
(@thuytienlecao)
Trusted Member

@gh56 and @merzkrashed had talked about the 3 basic concepts of QM principles: system approach, process approach, and factual approach. I would like to add on some other principles that I think are also important:
1. Customer focus: it emphasizes that a business should understand the demand and customers' needs and expectations. More effective processes can result in improved customer satisfaction.
2. Leadership: The business should have a clear and strong leadership to have specific goals and objectives for all employees involving and achieving these goals.
3. People involvement: It focuses on making all employees (full-time, part-time and contractors etc) be motivated, responsible and accountable for their actions.
4. Continual improvement: adaptation to a new market situation and constant performance improvement.
5. Mutually beneficial supplier relations: It supports the relationship between the company and its suppliers and this interdependent relationship.

Posted : 13/04/2018 12:44 pm
Share: