This is a basic online course about Medical Device Development for new professionals or those just entering the field. The material supplies a detailed overview of medical device development from a realistic industrial perspective using recorded lectures and slides. The processes used in companies to conceive and develop devices will be explored from a research, regulatory, clinical, QA/QC, marketing, engineering, and legal perspective under the umbrella of project management techniques. The course is 100% online and modeled after the “Medical Device Development” class taught at the New Jersey Institute of Technology since 2009. Students in this course will gain a broad overview of all aspects for the early phases of device design. This course assumes no prior knowledge of medical devices or their development. New students should be able to understand the entire content with no prior background.
Medical Device Development Course Objectives:
Function as a member of a medical device project team
Understand the various disciplines involved with medical device development
Know the roles that different departments and professions play in medical device development
Who should take this course?
Biomedical Engineering (or other STEM majors)
Academics that need to understand the difference between Industry and Academia
Physicians that have a medical device idea and wish to know the basics of how to get started
Graduate and Undergraduate students whose schools do not offer courses like this one
Medical Device Engineers with 0 to 2 years of experience that need a basic education about the various roles in device development
Medical Device Development Course Outline:
- Introduction – Medical Device Development: Academia vs. Industry
- Project Management 101 – How corporations manage projects
- Pre-clinical Device Development – Research projects
- Regulatory considerations for medical device development
- Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance
- Business 101 – What makes corporations tick and research labs tock
- Marketing medical devices, and the basics of sales forces
- Clinical trials, CRA’s, and CRO’s
- Design Controls 101: DHF, Proposal, DDP, Inputs, Outputs, Specifications
- Design Controls 101: Verification, Validation, Transfer
- Risk Analysis: FMECA, Risk analysis document
- Organization types, putting together project teams, Project Management: The Sequel
- Consultants – Role in medical device development, Advamed, Anti-kickback statute, Confidentiality
What you get:
- Unlimited time access to 30 recorded online lectures (~ 7 hrs of content)
- Basic template documents for common device development processes
- Access to a medical device forum for discussing/asking questions to the instructor
- Free updates to course material
[cta id=”701″ vid=”1″]
13 thoughts on “Medical Device Development”
i am working in medical devices developement in one saudi medical devices industry and would like to attend basic course for medical device developement
taha ahmed alshakhes
mobile : 00966554629362
Excellent, Taha. Go ahead and click the link to begin taking the course online.
I am newly appointed as drug inspector in the LDC listed country Bangladesh.I would like to attend the basic course of medical device development for free.With due respect I am requesting you to consider me as trainee.
You are accepted as a trainee. Click the link below to begin the course:
I m working for medical devices company in India I m interest to doing this course need your guidance
Not really sure why I am getting a lot of these comments from eastern countries that are asking to take the course. Just take the course. It’s up and ready to go. There is no need to ask for permission or guidance. It’s all online and it’s all there and ready. Go ahead and click the link and begin.
i am working in Ethiopian food, medicine and healthcare administration and control authority in one team of medical devices registration and would like to attend basic course for medical device development . I ‘m interested to doing this course and i need your guidance
I am working in EFMHACA at health institution inspection Team. I want this training to improve my knowledge related to medical device defects and other basic areas concerning to medical device regulation.
All you have to do is click the link and begin.
Hello, i would like to take the course as well. Can you provide a coupon code to waive the $300?
I am sorry, but ultimately this is also a business and some compensation is needed. The rate is quite cheap when you compare it to most any other similar course.
Dear Dr. Josh,
I would like to know if we have a certificate after these courses proceeding with the registration through your website (http://medicaldevicecourses.com/). What is its difference comparing with Udemy website?
Thank you for your attention.
Andre, yes, every course on this site gives a certificate of completion once you have checked off all of the lessons as Done.
The courses here are exactly the same as the ones on Udemy, except they are cheaper.