Clear all

How was this class helpful

52 Posts
51 Users
0 Likes
(@devarshi-joshi)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

As we all know this the last lecture I would like that everyone should give their inputs saying how this class was helpful and how will it help them in future.

According to me i believe that this class would help me in formalizing the work of my project. I even learnt the standardized process for project which would help me at my workplace. And especially the risk assessment part will always be helpful in future.

Posted : 29/04/2018 9:36 am
(@ala26)
Trusted Member

I currently work in the industry, so a lot of the things mentioned here were familiar. This class has allowed me to understand the processes and procedures in medical device better. This class also helped me understand what goes on behind planning projects and the importance of it. I do not have much experience in planning but because of this class I have a better understanding on the steps and processes.

Through the stimulations, I learned the importance of doing extensive research on projects and really analyzing the risk and potential issues before initiating it. It has taught me how easily issues may arise and how to take steps in finding the solution.

Posted : 29/04/2018 12:58 pm
 zbw2
(@zbw2)
Eminent Member

I think the greatest value this class provided by familiarizing ourselves with details of the Medical Device process which will inevitably improve your learning curve when operating at a device company. Even If you already have experience at a device company, I believe a better understanding of other departments that you may work with will improve productivity.

Posted : 29/04/2018 2:32 pm
(@anmolkaur)
Eminent Member

This course provides very valuable knowledge. It teaches how to plan and organize, communicate with team members, utilize various management tools, apply leadership skills, use methodologies such as agile, collaborate with cross-functional teams, estimate cost, facilitate meetings, and manage multiple projects. In addition, this course results in an eventual degree or certification that gives you credibility as a qualified project manager.

Posted : 29/04/2018 3:11 pm
(@puneet)
Trusted Member

I think that this course was very useful and provided a lot of useful information for anyone who plans to work in the medical device industry in the future or even people who are currently working in industry especially as a project manager. I think that this course gave a very good overview of how to manage a medical device project and all responsibilities and considerations that project managers and other stakeholders have during the project management processes.

Posted : 29/04/2018 4:17 pm
(@andria93)
Trusted Member

I'm more involved in the engineering, I didn't have a clear information and understanding of project management. I only knew a little part of what I was involved on with the PMs. This class helped me a lot to understand the major concepts and cycle of project management role. what's the full life cycle of developing a product form PM perspective. It helps me to improve at my work in term of documentation preparation even though I'm not a PM but, we still can apply the same concept to manage our own tasked. Also, It opens up a wider vision of the project cycle that I'm able to talk to PM with more understanding of what they are doing and how they link things together. Also, I believe it's the growth of my career that one day I'll become a manager and definitely these skills will help me throughout my entire life.

Posted : 29/04/2018 7:38 pm
(@smk45)
Trusted Member

Dr. Simon's classes are always very practical and teaches the reality of how the medical device industry works. Taking this class has enlightened me on what kind of company I work for (matrix organization), which I didn't think of before. Also, this class has taught me more in detail on documentation procedures that must be practiced such as risk assessment, ECO, design changes, etc. Of course, everything is taught under the umbrella of project management, so moving forward in my career, I will definitely keep in mind the valuable lessons learned from this class.

Posted : 30/04/2018 10:06 am
(@sahitya-sadineni)
Trusted Member

I have learnt to work together and think outside the box. You can not just work with the information you have but also do research and see what else you can come up with. You need to know its not just your way but also to listen to others and see what they have to say and work together.

Posted : 01/05/2018 2:55 pm
(@nakimw)

This course made me think more about how important the interactions between people are to ruining a project. A good PM is important but if you have people in the group that are lagging behind others than that makes a project that much more difficult and can lead to timeline changes, going over budget, etc. The possibility of others in your team falling behind or not communicating to one another puts more stress on the PM to manage so the project does not fall behind or at worst get canceled altogether.

Posted : 28/04/2019 12:05 pm
(@anthony)
Eminent Member

I have gotten the most out of the simulations from this course. They teach you to not only think about a scientific or technical solution to a problem that may arise during a project, but to also think about other factors such as interpersonal relations and business strategy. After receiving feedback from the previous simulation and finding out that it didn't really matter that the two toxicology companies that tested the product had two different cytotoxicity results because the client was only going to take the results from their favorite toxicology company anyway, as the professor put it: "Who cares if their answers are different if the client is only accepting the data from one of them? It's a good science project, but not something that will keep a paying customer." As someone who has not worked in the industry yet, this was not something that crossed my mind even though it makes total sense. These real world applications require more than just an in class way of thinking.

Posted : 28/04/2019 5:26 pm
(@aja38)
Trusted Member

This course was very helpful because it helped with real life simulation experience. It slowly progressed harder as we tackled each simulation. The lecture helped giving me more background on management process of project and that project managers are responsible for many things. The simulation are key because it gave me more team experience. We all are busy bust we must coordinate ways to work together and device a plan. We all learned from each other during simulations and learned that their are many possible outcomes when preforming an experiments.

Posted : 28/04/2019 5:48 pm
 pi29
(@patricia)
Trusted Member

I found that a lot of what was mentioned in this class helped me fill in the gaps in my industry knowledge. I have been working as a quality engineering intern for a couple months now and though I have been involved in project meetings, taking this class certainly helped understand the documents that were being discussed and the way the problems were handled. I have also identified things that I have not yet encountered in my experience in industry which I wonder if it's just that the company I work for does things a little differently. We work with HCTP/s rather than medical devices which are more stringently regulated by the FDA. I look forward to getting more experience with medical devices in the future. This class has opened up my curiosity for project management and I"m working on setting up a time with the project manager on one of the projects I'm part of to ask him more questions.

Posted : 28/04/2019 7:42 pm
(@dkonara921)
Trusted Member

This class is helpful because it exposes students to the challenges and the difficulties that they will face in the workplace. All of the documents and logistics that have been covered in this course is exactly what will be expected of you as a project manager who works for a private company. The course material is rigorous and gives some insight as to how difficult problems can be through the simulations that are assigned. The simulations themselves allow for individuals to learn how to work collaboratively and exercise effective communication as no one really takes the time to meet in person due to schedule conflicts. People learn how to communicate effectively and learn to stay up to date on the progress made in designing experiments. Also, the course material itself is helpful for people to wish to work in industry as it covers the main phases of a project cycle. The roles of the FDA as well as the different types of organizations are crucial to success in the private sector for BME because knowing how everything fall into place is the best way to succeed. This knowledge is needed so that you can better understand what to do and what to avoid.

Posted : 28/04/2019 8:40 pm
(@ap499)
Trusted Member

Similar to many of my fellow may have already mentioned, this class provides very valuable knowledge. It doesn't only teach one the broad topic on project management in the medical field but it also taught how one should respond to the situation given. Someone like an unexperienced person who has not put the foot in the field yet would be very grateful for all the knowledge and the information this course has provided. For me, I would say simulation were very helpful. The simulation and the class information were not just followed by the books instead it was to teach an individual how to respond when certain challenges are given at work and how to tackle that situation.

Posted : 03/05/2019 4:17 pm
(@nicoleb)
Eminent Member

I am at a point in my life where I am about to graduate and seek job opportunities. So i feel like currently this class gave me the knowledge i need to find a project manager i would enjoy working under. In other words i now know how to find a good project manager. In the future i feel like this class will have given me the tools to become a good project manager.

Posted : 04/05/2019 7:03 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: